Sunday, August 22, 2010

Copy Cat

Ok, I admit I can be a Copy Cat sometimes...you know when a friend come up with such a cool idea that you say, "Man, why didn't I think of that?"  Ok, so maybe it might not be EXACTLY the same as what they created, but you copied their idea and made it your own style.  Well, recently I did just that.  I met up with a blogger - Melissa over at Honey Girl Studio - one Saturday a few weeks back - she was so nice.  I asked her to bring along the vintage suitcase she converted into a display to sell her lovely jewelry so I could see it in person.  WOW!! It was RAD!!

Well, a few post before or after the suitcase tuturial on her blog, she made these cute sale displays to go with some earrings she made.  I thought  - "Hey, I could do that!" So, I did.  (Melissa's were so much better than mine, of course!) A friend of mine - Kathy Lee - had posted some pictures of herself on Facebook - her high school picture - and I asked if I could use it.  After she saw what I did, she loved it!  Here is how I packaged a few of the earrings I made.

 So I added the crown and cat glasses.  Thanks Kathy for your face - LOL!   Thanks Melissa for such a cool idea!  To see the ones Melissa created, check out her post here.

Also, I made a little 'sumpin, 'sumpin for my Facebook IBB (Ittly Bittly Book) host  Mary Ann for the last swap - an Apron IBB.  She comes up with the coolest ideas for IBBs and works so hard puttin all the books together.  Here is what she received....

Necklace front.  Red Lead Patina charm w/stamped image and transferred child face.

Necklace back with stamped words from Red Lead and attached Tim Holtz measure tape.
Thanks for stopping by today.

Until tomorrow friends....CIAO!




2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Bev!
Great earring gals!
How's that suitcase coming?
Smiles-
Melissa

Angela Harris said...

Those make such cute earring cards! Great creations!