Monday, March 9, 2009

Red Lead Domino Swap

A few posts back I showed you what I submitted for the Red Lead Domino Swap back in January. I used a domino (of course!) and a Red Lead stamp image. It was a 3 for 3 swap so it's not overwhelming at all and you have a good month to do them. I really love this group of way talented ladies!

So here are the dominoes I received...

As you can see by the lovely wrapping these ladies are talented. Also, I had to show (booo!!) the CLEVELAND BROWNS playing card the sweet hostess Debbie sent along with my goodies. She is a Brownie fan and wanted to "nudge" me a little! No comparison to Steeler Country though!! (I'm gonna have to come up with something to send her...hmmmm!) I received dominoes from Linda S., Allison and Debbie (Kitten) along with a goodie package supplied in part by Chris/Sharon of Red Lead Paperworks.

I am so glad I found this group and love their swaps. If you'd like to join in the fun, go to their storefront and request to join!

I have been a little MIA lately. I've been spending time getting the Scrappy Chicks Bingo in order for March, blog hopping, and Facebooking!

I've been also trying to get an idea for the next swap with the Red Lead Swap Sisters for our Spring Tag Swap. This one is a little more nerve-racking. We need to do 44 tags! Yes, you saw correctly - 44!! When we send them in, Debbie will sort and make a book of tags for everyone. I have to have them done by next week so I can get them to her by the end of the month. UGH!! But in the end I know I will have a book of cool tags from such a great group!

It's getting late and I've got to catch up on that hour of sleep I lost this weekend.....spring better come quick!

Until tomorrow friends....

1 comment:

Angela Harris said...

Hey Bev!
Nice to talk to you again!
With the coffee dyed tags what I do is use instant coffee in a large bowl and add as much water as I want. I try to have alot of coffee to make it darker and I put the tags in. I only leave them sit for an hour then I take them out and squeeze them so that they arn't soaking wet. Then I dry them a little more on a towel. Next is to the oven on a cookie sheet on 290 degrees for about 5-10 minutes. They really shouldn't have a smell at all but I think maybe staying in the water too long could do that. Hope that helps.
Sincerely,
Angela Harris