Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Strawberries already?

This project was sooo easy and cool to create! I got the link from Splitcoast Stampers from their weekly inkling newsletter. I just love them!! If you want the pattern, here it is. It prints on an 8 1/2 x 11 paper which I believe when cut only fits a Hershey kiss - only one! One?? I chose to enlarge this pattern to 150% cut and made them to hold 5 valentine hearts from Nestles Crunch or Dove Chocolate - yumm!

I was looking for a basket to put them in but mine were too big and found one that was too small. I was at the dollar store and came across this plastic planter - the colors were perfect. To make the strawberries, I cut the patterns with green/red cardstock (Joann's cardstock weight - Bazzill weight would be too heavy). I punched holes for the cord with my Crop-a-dile. I stamped both the leaves and strawberry body with my dot stamp from my SU Polka Dots & Paisley set.

After filling them all and tieing all the cords into a bow, I was ready to fill my planter. I stuffed some tissue paper at the bottom to give height and piled them in. I just love this - it came out soo great and took like about 3 hrs (mostly cutting the pattern and stamping). A great quickie hostess gift for our Valentine Swap party.

I made a tag to go with it...I used my new Papertrey Ink Puny Valentine stamp set and the Thanks came from my Fiskars Thank you stamp set. I used my Marvey Scalloped oval punch for the red then used my smaller punch for the white and trimmed. (Actually I goofed so I had to make both sides the same.) It went perfect with the package and used red fibers to attach it with Saran Wrap so the strawberries wouldn't fall out.

I hope you like it. I had such fun doing it and it was EASY!!! I like easy and DIFFERENT!!! I love doing altered projects - this may be my niche?? Please leave me a comment if you likey....

Blog candy is on it's way soon! Thanks for visiting....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bev,

I love this! It is so cute!

I might have to try this out.

Charna

Scrap for Joy said...

These were the most unique thing I've seen you make! We may never eat the candy because I don't want to open them. Thanks Bev, for all of my beautiful goodies and the box too! This was a fun swap and a fun day with friends.
~j

Catherine said...

very cute.. thanks for linking the template.. gotta try these =)

Suzy said...

Those are so cute!
I think these would really go well at a spring show.
Suzy

Anonymous said...

I love your strawberries! I agree, they are so cute! I think I'll make a few.
Missy