Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Valentine

Ok, here it is....ya, I know it's a little late, but better late than never - right?? Here is the cover. I painted the box white and tried to distress it a little. I used Daisy D paper, pink ribbon, pink & white lace, a paper doily heart under the vintage image. I decopauged the paper and hot glued the lace. The ribbon is tied through the box bottom/top. Here is the top level of my box. I had such a hard time fitting stuff inside the tiny little candy papers, I had to think outside the box (LOL!!). So I added two levels - like how some of the candy you buy! I have some foam letters, ink, bling, wooden harts, shell hearts, and what else - CHOCOLATE!!!Here is the inside divider. I used some scrap cardboard, decopauged Daisy D paper along with my vintage image and inked around the edges and Stickled the angel wings. To add a little extra touch, I added a "pull" with ribbon. The heart was tight in the box, so the "pull" came in handy. (I thought it was neat myself!!)Here is what was on the bottom level. Some rub-ons, ribbon, stamps, images, Sizzix die cut, and more embelishments. I used the ribbons as my height for the top level and it was just right.

It was a little bit of a pain when Joyce had to remove the top layer to get to the bottom, but too bad! LOL!! I just hope she liked all the little goodies - I'm sure she has some of these things already, but hoped she didn't have the die I got for her. I got it when I was on my trip to Erie and I picked it up at AC Moore. I haven't seen it here, so I'm crossing my fingers.

I had a lot of fun at our little swap with the girls. I got to see Chele - I haven't seen her in a while. I think I'm kinda the odd ball out - they all make a lot of neat vintage looking things and have great ideas and projects. This was my first attempt at the vintage thing and decopauging - could you tell??? We all wound up making a little favor for everyone for the table - mine was lame....Oh well....

I will post more pics of the wonderful boxes everyone made and the hostess favor I made. I also have my "Tag-your it" tags and cards finished...just took pics of them tonight so I will also post them soon...maybe some blog candy too!!

It's getting late, so I will try to post more tomorrow. Thanks for the visitin' !

1 comment:

SweetBellaBug said...

I think you did a wonderful job for your first time!! We had a blast and are so excited that you joined us! Those strawberries were amazing!!
~xo~Bethanie