Saturday, October 27, 2007

Gift Card Totes

Another busy week...finally ME time...

I wanted to share this cool gift idea with all who look here. It's called a Gift Card Tote. You know me...always trying new things....sooo, I found this by doing my daily blog jumping...(the only thing I need to do is get my work lists the same as my home list, then I won't miss anyone).

OK, back to the task at hand....I found this lovely project that Joanne B posted on her blog. I knew I could make these for my craft shows coming up (her's are nicer though)...easy, matching, and a great little gift (although the hardest part I have is the pricing $10/$15 what do you think??)

Here is the one I started at lunch on Thursday, and finished when I came home. It really didn't take very long. The stamps I used on the cards were mostly Studio G, the paper I got from Target on sale for $2.50 a pack, Joann's cardstock and blank black card pack, Fun Fur yarn, Prima flowers, Marvy and Creative Memories punches, brads and ribbon. The cards are blank inside, but do have a block of matching color in order to write something 'cause it's hard to write on black unless you have a white pen!

This is a closeup of one of the cards - I think the best of the pack.

I like this box because it stands on it's own even with 5 cards in it.

Here is the tutorial I found on Leslie Miller's blog "Running with Scissors" Click here (Sorry, I have to figure out how not to list the whole address in my blog - I'm working on it!)

I started another one last night at my LSS after I finialized my box class and finished my samples and misc items. I will post that one when I'm done.

My box class is in the works...I will announce it for anyone living in Pittsburgh and want to come and have a great laugh (at my newbie teaching expense!!)LOL

I had a Venti Latte yesterday from Starbucks before I went to the LSS and needless to say I was up till like 2 a.m.! I think I'm still runnin on all that CAFFEEEEENEE!!!

Maybe I'll work on the other box now. Have a great day tomorrow and thanks for looking! GO STEELERS!!

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are lovely, like the idea of the card box.

Dawn♥ said...

I so agree with Flossie! These cards are soo cute along with their box! Great idea!

Michele Kovack said...

Adorable! Love the card box....so clever!

Tina said...

Wonderful idea and lovely cards!