Thursday, September 25, 2008

Swap Goodies!

Happy Autumn Everyone!!!

Oh, Happy day!! I got my Artsy Autumn Swap package in the mail from Kathy the other day and all I can say is WOW!!! She is one busy lady, but what a great job she did on my treats - even down to the wrapping! Here is a picture before everything was unwrapped...

And here is a pic of when I opened it....(I even waited to dig into the chocolate until AFTER I took the picture!)

I got a beautiful box, a handmade frog box with fall colored buttons, a WHITE pumpkin with a beautiful label, handmade acrylic tag, GODIVA CHOCOLATE, some die cuts, a cute little handmade button charm, and pumpkin/kat pipe cleaner figures, and a bunch of fake acorns, with a handmade card. Too cute!!

============================================================ This swap was so much fun! I love Autumn and Halloween and was in my glory creating things for Kathy. You had a sneak peek a few posts back of what I made...well, I added a few more handmade items to her box. I made a few more tags - these are the crow ones in the picture. And I also made her a small banner. Here is a pic of the box I sent her...

Here is a picture of the banner I made for Kathy. The first banner I had ever made. I worked on it during the weekend crop and it turned out just like I wanted it to. The only problem I had was the embelishments. There was either too little or not the right ones - I don't know. I painted some swirl die cuts for the top of the banner and used some foam letters that I won from Gypsy Rose Paperie. I hope Kathy liked it.

This was my first real "box" swap and I had such a great time putting one together. I think I will sign up for the "Winter Whimsey Mittens Swap".

There are also some other swaps I've been kinda stalking for Christmas. They are listed on this cool site I found, Swapadex. They have a list of tons of swaps so I suggest you check it out!!

Well, friends, it's getting late and I gotta head North after work tomorrow to check out the 2nd homestead and cut some grass - I mean hay!!

Have a great weekend friends....

3 comments:

Kudzu said...

Those acorns look real! I love everything you received and everything you sent.
Kudzu

Anonymous said...

wow you got some cute things!!! I just wanted to tell you thank you for being on my blog and writing sweet words and encouragement!! BIG HUGS~~

Heidi said...

Love the banner you made! Great fall colors and embellishments!

Thanks for leaving your name for my blog drawing!

*Heidi*

...who is at her FINAL blog home now at... everyday-cookies.blogspot.com