Monday, November 12, 2007

Craft show networking....

Hi all! I've been extremely busy with craft show projects and swaps (that I almost have complete!)

I went to a local craft show this weekend. I haven't done this in a while and the first time I had been at this local church. Boy! What a difference from the first show this season! If I only had more stuff!!! A lot more vendors and a lot of people. Lucky for me I was the only one there with paper crafts. There were a lot of vendors who had jewelry - I guess that's the craft of the season this year???

During my time there, I didn't want to be bored, so I got to complete my image swaps -2 sets of 65 images - WOW!!! I can't wait to get my package in the mail when it's swapped.

I sold a lot of different items...my turkey mint filled 2-5-7-10 boxes (4) and several individual cards, and a gift box with matching cards I put together the night before(talk about cramming!) I actually think I even had an item "lifted". I made these little Q-bee boxes - 3 the same and one different, filled with mint Hershey Kisses. Looking in my box the other night, I couldn't find it. Oh well, no biggie. At least someone will have their chocolate fix fulfilled and fresh breath to boot!! LOL!!!

I also got to meet a real nice woman and her mother. They were selling their home craft-"Thera-Hugs". What nice people. She took one of my cards and said she would mention me on her blog. Here is Suzy/Sarah's blog. She is a wonderful photographer! I wish I could only take pics of my small projects as good as this!! Look for her at the next Pittsburgh area craft show and tell them Bev sent you!!

And now a family update....well, the job thing at Boston Market didn't last long....working with REAL different people, and smelling like a chicken-he even had to skewer them, AND do dishes by hand- wasn't Mark's cup of tea. Truthfully I think the dishes thing was just too much!! LOL!! So, I saw the other day where the mall was hiring for a person to work Santa's train...so I called today and Mark is going for an interview tomorrow. He has plenty of experience with the triplets so he should be a shoe in....I didn't tell him that he might have to dress up like an elf!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! OH MY!! It's a job - right (at least he isn't dressed like a cow waving to passing traffic (Chic-Fil-A)!! OH I think I'm going to split a rib!!!) LOL!!!

I'm going to start working on my last swap and take some pics of stuff I have to sell....I will try to post them tomorrow.

Have a great night!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Beverly~
Thanks for mentioning Sarah and I in your post and glad you did well at the show.Had me LOL about your son maybe having to dress up like an elf if he gets the mall job!...funny stuff!!

Scrap for Joy said...

It's a good feeling when you sell the things you worked so hard to make and you realize that people appreciate your talent. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to your class on Thursday. As for the elf thing-good luck with that! Hahaha! ~J